Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What an awesome day!

Nathan had a great therapy session today. He was able to stay very focused (for a 2 year old) and made attempts at many different sounds and a couple of words! He seems to really be bonding with Tracy and she has been doing a great job of getting him to work. He also picked up several new signs today.

Off topic --> After dropping Nathan back off and finishing up my work, I took Sir-Grumps-A-Lot to Olan Mills for his 3 month pictures. I have seriously never seen a baby who looked more like a grumpy old man than he does! He sat with a furrowed brow and pouty bottom lip without even attempting to smile for most of his pictures. She finally got a couple of semi-smiles out of him, but with the smiles also came tears. Oh, what fun!

Anyway, Nathan finished the day by saying hat and pop for the first time. Hat came in two parts: ha-t, but he was able to produce all the sounds so I was thrilled! This week has definitely given me hope that he will, at some point, be able to speak. God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I know things are going to keep improving for Nathan! Talk to you soon.
    Love Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! I know it will be a long road, but the successes that you will have will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete